5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
The Zone-Tailed Hawk (Buteo albonotatus)- is a Texas Threatened Bird and is part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: Keith A. Arnold, Ornithologist, Professor Emeritus, Texas A&M University
"The Zone-tailed Hawk is distributed from southwestern United States through Middle America to South America east of the Andes. In Texas, it ranges from the central mountains of the Trans-Pecos and along the southern part of the Edwards Plateau at least to the Colorado river. These birds are rare winter residents in the lower Rio Grande Valley and southern South Texas Brush Country, on the Edwards Plateau and in the Concho River Valley. Summering birds usually occur from late March through October. These hawks are very volant and often are associated with Turkey Vultures. One might mistake them for vultures until the white tail bars (in the adults only) are noted. Their low population numbers are a reason for concern and why they are found on the Texas threatened list."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: email@example.com - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
For more information on this species, visit my BLOG POST
***For more products (tees etc.), please visit my Redbubble site*** HERE