5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“Speckled Racer (Drymobius margaritiferus)” is part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: email@example.com - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
Species information provided by: Paul Crump, PhD, Wildlife Ecologist
"Many animals reach the northern limits of their range in south Texas. One such species, the speckled racer, is restricted to remnant subtropical forest patches in the Lower Rio Grande Valley. Arguably one of Texas’ most spectacular snakes, this observant serpent can be found basking in dappled sunlight adjacent to dense forest thickets into which it retreats and uses as shelter from suspicious activity. As the forest patches along the Rio Grande become more isolated and smaller, primarily due to urban development and energy infrastructure, so too do the chances that this snake will continue to call Texas home."
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
For more information on this species, visit my BLOG POST
***For more products (tees etc.), please visit my Redbubble site*** HERE