5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“Reddish Egret (Egretta rufescens)” is part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY:Lianne Koczur, PhD, Science & Conservation Director, Alabama Audubon
"Reddish Egrets are always fun to watch as they actively pursue their prey in shallow water along the coast. They run and chase fish, rather than standing still and waiting like other herons. Many refer to this as a foraging “dance.” The name is a bit deceiving because they aren’t always reddish. There are actually two color morphs, the reddish morph and an all white morph. It is always a treat to see Reddish Egrets because they are somewhat rare, with an estimated breeding population size of no more than 5,000 pairs. Reddish Egrets rely on coastal habitats throughout their life cycle and protecting those habitats is critical for the conservation of this species."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: email@example.com - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINTS:
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
***For more products (tees etc.), please visit my Redbubble site*** HERE
FOR MORE ON THE REDDISH EGRET READ MY BLOG HERE