5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
Black Bear (Ursus americanus) is a state threatened mammal and part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
Species information provided by: Amanda Veals-Dutt, PhD, Borderlands Research Institute
"Black bears were once common throughout Texas, but were hunted out by the 1950s. Small populations were able to survive in mountain ranges of northern Mexico. By the early 1990s, black bears had returned by crossing the Rio Grande into Big Bend National Park. Hunting regulations and protected habitat has allowed bears to expand into more areas of Texas. Bears are very adaptable, with a broad diet as an omnivore, which can get them in trouble with humans. Black bears now face the threat of coexisting with humans as we continue to expand into natural areas."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: firstname.lastname@example.org - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINT:
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
To learn more about the American Black Bear, check out my BLOG POST