5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“The Northern Aplomado Falcon (Falco femoralis septentrionalis) is part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: Brian Mutch, The Peregrine Fund | Director - Aplomado Falcon Restoration
""The Northern Aplomado Falcon represents the only endangered falcon species in the United
States. It was listed as endangered by the United States Fish & Wildlife Service in 1986. In 1952
the last known pair of Aplomado Falcons nested within the United States near Deming, New
Mexico and in Texas, the last nesting attempt occurred in the mid-1940s on the King Ranch. In
1990, The Peregrine Fund began a recovery effort for this species, breeding Aplomado Falcons
in captivity and reintroducing young produced back to historical Texas habitat. During 15
seasons The Peregrine Fund produced and then released 936 young aplomados to the Texas
Gulf Coast. In 1995 the first returning pair of released falcons nested successfully, representing
a Milestone event in the US, absent for almost 50 years! The population has grown to 44 pairs
but has fluctuated over the years. There are many challenges ahead but The Peregrine Fund,
along with its many partners remain committed to the recovery of this very charismatic species,
the Aplomado Falcon."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: email@example.com - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINTS:
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
For more information on this species, visit my BLOG POST