5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
The Whooping Crane (Grus americana)- is a Federally Endangered- Bird and is part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: Carter G. Crouch, PhD, Director of Gulf Coast Programs, International Crane Foundation
"In the early 20th century, we nearly lost the Whooping Crane. Unregulated shooting, habitat loss, and other human disturbance led to a precipitous decline in numbers, and in 1944-45, there were only 21 Whooping Cranes left in the world. The Whooping Crane was listed as endangered in 1970. There have been four reintroduction attempts, two of which are still ongoing. While the reintroduction attempts have seen both successes and setbacks, none of these populations are self-sustaining yet. Today there are over 800 Whooping Cranes in the world, split between three re-introduced populations, captive breeding programs, and the last remaining natural population."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: firstname.lastname@example.org - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINTS:
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
Want to learn more about the Whooping Cranes in Texas? Visit my BLOG
or check out THIS
website for the International Crane Foundation!
***For more products (tees etc.), please visit my Redbubble site*** HERE