5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
ARCHIVAL ART PRINT:
“Star Cactus (Astrophytum asterias) is an Endangered plant and part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: Anna Strong, PhD Botanist
"Star cactus only occurs in Texas in Starr County (no relation) near the border with Mexico in Tamaulipan thornscrub, an ecoregion with thorny vegetation mixed with grasses. Like many cacti, star cactus commonly occurs under “nurse plants” and even rocks that create shaded, cooler microclimates of less harsh conditions. The flat to dome-shaped spineless cactus occurs at soil level and can be completely covered by soil and persist and even bloom while the stem remains covered. Root plowing to decrease mesquite, herbivores like desert cottontail and southern plains woodrat, and collection for gardens or cactus enthusiasts have all been shown to threaten this federally-endangered species."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: firstname.lastname@example.org - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINTS:
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
***For more products (tees etc.), please visit my Redbubble site*** (HERE)