5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“Black Lace Cactus (Echinocereus reichenbachii var. albertii)" is an endangered plant and part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: Chris Best, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
"Black lace cactus thrives in the arid, subtropical Tamaulipan shrublands of South Texas. The succulent, columnar stems stand ankle-high among spiny tasajillo and salt-tolerant saladillo and tornillo. Vertical ribs sport rows of blunt tubercles, each crowned with black-tipped radial spines. Its closest relative is Fitch’s rainbow cactus (Echinocereus fitchii ssp. fitchii); both bear large, pink flowers with deep magenta centers, and both occur in nearly barren, saline, gypsum-rich soils. Another close relative, lace cactus (E. reichenbachii ssp. caespitosus), grows on limestone of the Edwards Plateau. Black lace cactus is compatible with livestock grazing but is threatened by root-plowing and surface mining."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: firstname.lastname@example.org - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINT :
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.