5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“Golden-cheeked Warbler (Dendroica chrysoparia)- Endangered” is part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: Darrell Hutchinson, Wildlife Biologist
"The Golden-cheeked Warbler is an endangered migratory songbird. All Golden-cheeked Warblers are native Texans. They build their nests from the bark of the Ashe Juniper tree and breed exclusively in the oak-juniper woodlands of Central Texas. Golden-cheeked Warblers eat insects. As Fall approaches and food becomes scarce, they embark on a long, perilous journey to their wintering grounds in the pine-oak forests of Central America. There they forage in mixed species flocks with other migratory and resident birds. Their habitat in both homes is under threat from human development, resource extraction, and climate change."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: firstname.lastname@example.org - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINTS:
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
For more information on this species, visit my BLOG
***For more products (tees etc.), please visit my Redbubble site*** HERE