5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“Kemp's ridley sea turtle ((Lepidochelys kempii)” is and Endangered Reptile and part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: Donna Shaver, PhD, Sea Turtle Research and Conservation Biologist
"Kemp’s ridley is the smallest and most critically endangered sea turtle species in the world and the state sea turtle of Texas. Since the 1970s, biologists from the U.S. and Mexico have worked to recover this species decimated by human activities. While Kemp’s ridleys nest mostly in Tamaulipas, Mexico, recovery efforts are forming a secondary nesting colony at Padre Island National Seashore to guard against extinction. Adult females have fidelity to their Gulf of Mexico migratory corridors, foraging areas, and nesting beaches, where they return every 1- 4 years to lay 1- 4 clutches of 100 eggs (primarily during the day!). To ensure species survival, bi-national recovery efforts must continue."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: firstname.lastname@example.org - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINTS:
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
***For more products (tees etc.), please visit my Redbubble site*** (HERE)