5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“Bone Cave harvestman (Texella reyesi)" is a federally endangered arachnid and part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY : Colin Strickland, Biologist
The Bone Cave harvestman is a federally endangered karst, or cave invertebrate. They are related to daddy longlegs (Opiliones), but are troglobitic, meaning they only live underground. Due to limited nutrients in the subterranean environment, they often appear dormant while hiding under rocks. Their range extends from northern Travis County to northern Williamson County, and they are endangered due to rapid urbanization in this region. This species has a gradation in morphology across its range with more troglobitic individuals in the north (more reduced eyes, longer legs) and less troglobitic individuals in the south.
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: email@example.com - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINTS:
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
To learn more about the BONE CAVE & BEE CREEK CAVE HARVESTMAN, check out my BLOG POST