5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“ Texas Fatmucket (Lampsilis bracteata)” is part of the Threatened Texas series and is an archival print of original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: Gary Pandolfi, Aquatic Biologist
"The Texas fatmucket is only found in Hill Country Rivers in Central Texas and nowhere else on Earth! Mussel’s burrow into the stream bed and filter feed on river water, earning the nickname “Livers of the Rivers”. In the spring, female Texas fatmuckets “fish” for host fish using a small minnow like lure to attract a host fish close enough. Immature tiny mussels, called glochidia, must spend a few weeks attached to fish gills where they draw nutrients before falling to the stream bed and growing into adults. Don’t worry, the fish won’t even know they are there."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: email@example.com - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINTS:
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
For more information on this species, visit my BLOG POST
***For more products (tees etc.), please visit my Redbubble site*** HERE