5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“Mexican Long-nosed Bat (Leptonycteris nivalis)" is part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFO PROVIDED BY:
Dr. Kristen Lear, Bat Conservation International
"The Mexican long-nosed bat is the only federally endangered bat in Texas. Pregnant mothers make an arduous 700+ mile migration every spring from central Mexico to Big Bend National Park, where they each give birth to a single pup. They rely on the nectar of agave plants to fuel their migration and successfully raise their pups. Unfortunately, agave habitat is being lost due to unsustainable land use, climate change, and wildfires, putting these bats at risk of extinction. Current conservation work is focusing on restoring agaves across the U.S. Southwest and Mexico to create a “nectar corridor” to protect these endangered bats for generations to come."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: firstname.lastname@example.org - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINT:
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
***For more products (tees etc.), please visit my Redbubble site*** (HERE)