5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“Barton Springs Salamander (Eurycea sosorum)” is part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: Brittany A. Dobbins, Department of Biology, Texas State University
"The scientific name, Eurycea sosorum, was given to the Barton Springs Salamander in honor of the Austinites that initiated the Save Our Springs (SOS) ordinance, to protect the Edwards Aquifer that feeds Barton Springs. These salamanders spend their entire lives in the water, sporting external gills and a broad tail fin. They are covered in a cosmic array of mottling which is unique to each individual, like a fingerprint. Females lay about 20 eggs at a time, each one is carefully stuck onto a rock or vegetation. Babies hatch before they have fully developed hind limbs and must fend for themselves as there is no parental care after the eggs are laid. Overpumping of the aquifer and water pollution are the greatest threat to this beautiful species."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: email@example.com - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINTS:
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
For more information on this species, visit my BLOG POST
***For more products (tees etc.), please visit my Redbubble site*** HERE