5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“Austin Blind Salamander (Eurycea waterlooensis)" is an endangered amphibian and part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY : Ruben Tovar, Evolutionary Developmental Biologist
"In 1837, the village of Waterloo was founded on the banks of the Colorado River. The name Waterloo would later change to Austin becoming the capital of The Republic of Texas. Biologist adopted Austin’s former epithet in the description and scientific name of the Austin blind salamander (Eurycea waterlooensis). This species occupies the deep regions of the Edwards Aquifer, and is only observed at a couple of localities overlying fissures in the limestone where the Austin blind salamander is occasionally ejected from its deeper residence. The Austin blind salamander is one of two recognized species (the other being E. rathbuni) within the sub-clade Typhlomolge, best known for their obligate subterranean life history and fascinating characteristics (e.g. highly reduced eyes and pigmentation, and broad heads) attributed to their evolution in complete darkness."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: email@example.com - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINTS:
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
To learn more about the Austin Blind Salamander, check out my BLOG POST