5% of the profits from this product is donated to support Threatened & Endangered Species.
“ Houston Daisy (Rayjacksonia aurea)” is part of the Threatened Texas series and is an original artwork by me, Juliet Whitsett. To create this image I sampled colors from images of threatened species and created original art inspired by the unique limited palette.
SPECIES INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: Anita Tiller, Botanist, Mercer Botanic Garden and The Center for Plant Conservation
"The Houston camphor daisy’s range spans only Galveston and Harris counties in the Upper Gulf Coastal Plain of Texas. This tap-rooted annual member of the sunflower family sports attractive golden-yellow camphor-scented flowers from September to November. Although it can grow up to waist high, in its native saline prairie habitat, it often hugs the ground at only a few inches tall. Conservation of prairies and their species biodiversity provides ecosystem services, such as purification of air and water, flood control, and recreation, for surrounding metropolitan areas."
In order to be as environmentally conscious as possible, all orders are professionally printed to order. While most orders ship quickly, please allow a minimum of 7-10 days after an order is made to ship. If you need something quickly, please message me at: firstname.lastname@example.org - I'll do my best to get it to you as soon as possible!
OTHER SIZES & ARCHIVAL PRINTS:
- Dimensions: 5” x 5" include a 5.25 x 5.25" kraft paper envelope. (This size may require additional postage).
- All cards are printed locally in Austin, Texas on sustainable paper.
- Color may appear slightly different on monitor than in person.
- All work copyrighted © by Juliet Whitsett and the artist retains rights to all images.
Larger or smaller prints can often be made to order. Check out THIS page for more information.
- It's true, I sometimes reuse boxes, backing, packing material and envelopes! I choose to think of it as professional & an eco-conscious choice.
- All shipping envelopes and boxes are chosen with both the safe transport of your item(s) and its environmental impact in mind. Responsibly harvested papers, recycled, recyclable and reusable materials are used as much as possible.
***For more products (tees etc.), please visit my Redbubble site*** HERE